Making a facial mask at home is quite easy and inexpensive. You may have all the ingredients in your kitchen to make a fabulous natural “homemade facial mask “. Home made face mask containing natural ingredients are quick and simple to create at home. In the following homemade facial mask s for different type of skins i.e. oily skin, dry skin, combination skin, ageing skin, etc are given
How to apply facial masks – Homemade Facial Mask Recipes
Turmeric Facial Mask
This is the traditional mask, also used for a bride, seven days in advance of marriage.
Take in a cup half a cup of besan (gram flour), 2 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of sandal wood powder, 2 tsp of ghee or almond oil, add some water to make a paste. Apply to face and whole body and leave for 5-10 minutes. Rub with pressure with both palms and fingers to remove all the paste.
Honey Facial Mask
Rinse your face with warm water to open up the pores. Apply honey and leave for half an hour. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water to close the pores. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water to close the pores.
Oily Skin Mask
Mix 1 tsp. brewer’s yeast with plain yogurt to make a thin mixture. Apply it thoroughly into all the oily areas and leave for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water to close the pores.
Dry Skin Mask
Mix 1 tsp. of butter in 1 teaspoon of water. Apply it thoroughly into all the dry areas and leave for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water,
Banana Mask for wrinkles
Mash 1/4 banana until very creamy and apply on face and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water to close the pores.
Avocado Facial Mask
Mash the meat of the avocado into a creamy texture. Apply it thoroughly on face and leave for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water to close the pores.
Oatmeal Facial Mask
Take 2 tsp oatmeal and 1 tsp baking soda and add water to make paste. Apply to face and all over the skin and rub gently.
Squeeze half a lemon and mix the juice with one beaten egg white. Apply on your face and leave for overnight. Wash your face with warm water.
Choose the right clay for your skin type. Add plain water or floral waters or try wetting agents such as fruit purees . Make a thick paste of the clay. Apply the mask to your skin and let it dry for 20 minutes. Rinse well with warm water and pat dry. Repeat weekly.
Multani (Gypsum) Mitti Body Mask
Make a paste of multani mitti adding water to the mitti powder. Apply to whole body and hair. Take bath after half an hour.
Sppt 2-3 grapes and rub the flesh over face and neck. Rinse with cool water.
Banana Face Pack for Dry Skin
Mash half cup of natural yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1/4 ripe banana. Apply this pack on face and neck and leave for 10 minutes and then rinse off.
Cucumber Face Pack to get Smooth Skin
Mash 1 whole cucumber, strain water, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and mix well. Put in a container,l keep refrigerated and take out whenever you want to use it. Apply on your face and leave for 10 minutes, then wash with cold water and enjoy the smoothness of your skin.
You canttry on it on other parts of body as a scrub.
Facial Mask s for Skin Types
Homemade Facial mask for normal skin
1. Make a paste of some powdered with milk or lemon juice if you want to fade spots on your skin.
2. Blend 1 egg white, 2 tsp vegetable oil and 1 tsp apple juice until smooth.
3. Mix 1 egg white, 1/2 cup cooked instant oatmeal and 1 tsp opve oil until smooth.
4. Apply a raw egg yolk and rinse with cold water. The high vitamin A content of egg is very effective in heapng blemishes.
5. Mix well 2 parts milk,1 part fuller’s earth clay, 1 tsp honey and essential oil.
Homemade Face mask for oily skin
1. Blend 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1 egg white, 1 tsp honey (heat in microwave for a few seconds to melt it), 2 strawberries and 2-3 drops eucalyptus oil or jojoba oil (optional).
2. Blend a ripe tomato and pat on your face. Wash after 20 minutes with normal water.
3. Mix well a tsp of baking yeast in a some warm milk.
4. Make a paste by mixing some potato flour in tomato puree.
5. Blend an apple in a blender and apply on your face. Wash after 20 minutes with normal water.
6. Rub some Milk of Magnesia, and let dry, then rinse with lukewarm water.
Homemade Facial mask for sensitive skin
Warm some hone to melt it, then apply. Leave the mask on for 20-25 minutes.
Homemade Face mask for dry skin
1. Mix ½ avocado (or 2 tsp avocado oil) with ¼ cup honey.
2. Mix 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp warm honey, some vitamin E oil (optional).
3. Blend 50g ripe avocado flesh, 25g orange juice, 1tsp honey, 1 tsp molasses and 4-5 drops of some essential oil.
Homemade Facial mask for combination skin
1. Mix 1 egg white, 1/2 cup cooked instant oatmeal and 1 teaspoon olive oil until smooth.
2. Rose Mask : This mask is good for both the oily and dry areas of your skin.
Take Soak 5 rose petals and soak in water and then crush them. Add 2 Tbsp rosewater, 1 Tbsp yogurt and 1 Tbsp honey (heat in a microwave for a few second to melt it) and mix well.
Homemade Facial mask for ageing or maturing skin
Take 3 Tbsp sugar and dissolve it in 4 Tbsp warm water.
This mask is good for maturing skin and will help soften the wrinkle lines.
Face mask for chapped or sunburned skin
Mix 1 cup plain yogurt and ½ cup oatmeal and apply to the skin for 15 minutes.
Facial masks for all skin types
Grind a cup of yellow mustard seeds and a few rose petals in water. Apply on face and wash with water after 20 minutes.
Blend two egg yolks, two tablespoons of honey and 3 drops of almond oil. Apply on face and wash with water after 20 minutes.